Shrimp Kung Pao
Spicy, Sweet, Crunchy and ready in just 20 minutes this Kung Pao Shrimp recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner. Easy Meal Prep instructions included!
Servings 4 people
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 whole zucchini cut into thin half moons
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts drained
- 1 pound large raw shrimp peeled with the tails off
- 2 cloved fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- ⅛ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Chili sauce
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 whole dried chilies
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 whole green onions chopped
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic, bell peppers, celery, water chestnuts, zucchini and saute 2-3 minutes until just tender crisp.
Add in shrimp and sauté until cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
Pour the sauce over the shrimp and vegetable mixture. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is thickened and coats the shrimp & vegetable. .
Remove to a serving dish and top sprinkled with peanuts and chopped green onions.
Kung Pao Sauce: Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Meal Prep Instructions:
- Place cleaned raw shrimp into a Ziplock bag
- Add ginger