Baked Chicken & Ham Taquitos
That’s what I finally decided to call these creamy, cheesy, chicken and ham filled flour tortilla’s baked until crisp, sprinkled with more cheese. Chicken Cordon Blue Wraps, or Chicken Cordon Blue taquitos, or Chicken & Ham Roll Ups, among other things. What I do know is that they are delicious, scoring an average 9.5/10 at our dinner table which consisted of 3 teenagers and 3 adults this particular night. In fact, the Baked Chicken & Ham Taquito’s themselves scored a perfect 10, but some didn’t “prefer” the rice I served as a side, it had frozen peas in it (gasp), the horror!!
In addition to being a perfect 10 on the flavour rating scale, this recipe is made using ingredients that I have on hand almost 100% of the time, is SUPER easy to prepare, bakes in one dish, so easy clean up, and if that wasn’t enough, you can make them ahead of time as part of your weekly meal prepping plan! Oh, yes, this is a win, win, win.
Oh, and because they are baked, and not fried, and aren’t topped with sauce, you can bake them until the flour tortilla is crisp they reheat very well in the microwave and are the perfect portable meal for a night when you need to eat on the run. What’s not to like? You need to make them to find out for yourself!
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced ham
- 8 oz herb and garlic cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian Blend cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas
- In a large mixing bowl stir together, shredded chicken, ham, cream cheese and shredded cheese until well combined.
- Place 1/2 cup of the chicken filling on the edge of a flour tortilla, fold over to enclose, and fold in the sides. Roll tightly and place seam side down in a greased baking dish leaving space in between each roll.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until heated through. Turn half way through the baking time to ensure crispness on all sides.
- Once heats, sprinkle with additional shredded cheese if desired and bake an additional 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from baking dish and serve.
Do you find yourself asking “What’s for Dinner”? We have the Answer! 30 Day Meal Planning Challenge which uses my unique Pick and Choose Meal Planning system.