Chicken Gnocchi Soup
One of the signature soups at The Olive Garden is their Chicken Gnocchi Soup. It’s a delicious combination of heavy cream, chicken, spinach, carrots, cheese, seasonings, and potato gnocchi with a few other ingredients sprinkled in. Instead of spending money on an expensive family dinner out, try making this meal at home for everyone to enjoy without the restaurant prices. To make it even more like the restaurant experience, pair the soup with a side salad and breadsticks for a family meal perfect for the cooler weather of fall and winter.
If you are like me and love soups, I highly recommend pinning this one now! I make at least one batch of soup every single week, all year round, so at least 52 per year, and this one makes a repeat appearance, it’s that good.
Easy to make Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 whole carrots shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth store bought or homemade
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz potato gnocchi fresh or frozen
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Boil the chicken until it is cooked through then remove from the pan and shred the chicken
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Cook the onion, celery, garlic, and carrots in the hot oil over medium heat until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes
- Stir in the shredded chicken, chicken broth, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese
- Stir the gnocchi into the simmering soup and cook until they begin to float, about 3-4 minutes. Don't over cook or they will become mushy.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until it has wilted, about 3 minutes
- Whisk the cornstarch into cold water until it's smooth
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the simmering soup
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the soup thickens slightly, about 5 minutes
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca