Creamy Tortellini Sausage Soup
Rich, full of flavour and made in the Instant Pot, this Creamy Tortellini Sausage soup is GOOD EATING! For the ultimate side dish?
I have the perfect suggestions. Cheesy Ciabatta Garlic Bread and the Best Ever Caesar Salad. Honestly, there should be leftovers with a meal this rich, but I doubt that will happen. This meal is that good, honest.
Creamy Tortellini Sausage SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 onion minced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic pressed
- 2 lbs Italian Sausage mild or hot
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups half & half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 20 oz package fresh cheese Tortellini
- shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Set Instant Pot to saute on normal (medium) Add butter, onion and garlic. Saute about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add in sausage meat and cook until no longer pink, and crumbled.
- Pour in chicken stock, then diced tomatoes, do not stir. Place baby spinach on top.
- Cancel saute, and set instant pot to pressure cook on high for 6 minutes. Once time is up, do a quick release. Watch the steam, it's HOT!
- Cancel pressure setting and set to saute on medium. Stir in tortellini and cover for 3-4 minutes. Open lid, stir in half and half, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
Want more great recipes?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca