Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff; this is a non traditional variation of the ever popular Russian Dish. It can be cooked in the oven, simmered on the stove top, slow cooked or pressure cooked. Choose your method depending on the quality and type of beef you are using and how much time you have. In this Crock Pot version, bite sized pieces of beef sirloin are slow cooked in broth and seasonings until tender with mushrooms, and onions, then smothered in a creamy sauce.
The rich, savory sauce is made with a beef broth base, seasoned with Dijon Mustard, Dill, & Worcestershire sauce. Once it’s fully cooked you add the sour cream and in this case, my unique twist, Cream Cheese. Yes, I know it’s not authentic but it creates a rich, smooth, luscious sauce that is out of this world. If you want to stay more authentic, skip the cream cheese and use the sour cream and cornstarch to thicken.
How to cook Beef Stroganoff?
- Crock Pot
- Instant Pot Electric Pressure cooker
- Dutch Oven; I LOVE my Le Creuset
Some links on this site are affiliate links and will earn us a small commission at no extra cost to you. We carefully select our partners and products to recommend only the best products.
What do you serve with Beef Stroganoff ?
- Buttered Egg Noodles
- Steamed Rice (white or brown)
- Mashed Potatoes (my personal fave)
- Cauliflower Rice (low carb option)
- Cauliflower Mash
Vegetable Sides to serve Beef Stroganoff
- Pan Fried Cabbage and onions
- Steamed Broccoli
- Green peas with bacon
- Cucumber salad
I also like to have warm crusty bread to sop up the delicious sauce with. Don’t have crusty bread, white sandwich bread with real butter is just fine…. I won’t tell if you don’t! You don’t want to waste any of that deliciousness.
- 2 lbs beef cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 6 oz Cream Cheese softened*
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbsp flour*
- 2 Tsp dried dill
- Cooked Egg Noodles or Rice for serving
- Add the beef cubes, beef broth, sliced mushrooms, onion, garlic, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper, to the Crock Pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or low 4-6 hours
- 30 Minutes before serving stir in softened cream cheese, stir well. *This is optional, but makes it super creamy.
- Once the cream cheese has melted stir in the sour cream and more dried dill, let cook until heated through. If you have used the cream cheese, you do not need to add the flour to the sour cream depending on how thick you like the sauce.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice. I also like to stir the cooked noodles directly into the sauce in the crockpot, stir well and let thicken up a bit. DE LI CIOUS!
If you like slow cooker comfort food recipes; I’ve got a food other goodies for you to try!
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca