Green Curry; perfect for meal planning
I love Thai food, all of it, but especially Red and Green Curry. Creamy coconut based sauces that have the traditional sweet, spicy and sour flavours typical of many Thai foods. I could just drink the sauce honestly.
Sadly we don’t have that many good Thai restaurants near by, and ordering out gets expensive when trying to feed six people for dinner. Happily this Green Curry satisfies all my cravings, it’s fast and easy to prepare, and works great for meal prepping and planning.
Coconut milk and Thai Green Curry paste combined with garlic, lime, and cilantro (plus a few other ingredients) quick creates a spicy, fragrant, rich sauce that can be used with just about any protein or vegetables you choose.
PIN ME TO YOUR MEAL PLANNING BOARD NOW
What makes this Green Curry Great?
- Whole 30 compliant
- Budget friendly
- Easy to prepare
- Reheats well
Perfect for Meal Prepping:
Not only is this Green Curry recipe delicious, and easy, it’s also lends itself perfectly to meal prepping. It’s fast, holds well in the fridge, reheats well, and flexible. I normally make a double batch so I can use it to create out of this world lunches that we actually want to eat.
While Green Curry is frequently made with Chicken, honestly it’s completely adaptable to what your family prefers. It’s one of those recipes that’s easy to Mix and Match ingredients and I often use it at the end of the week with whatever I have on hand that needs to be used up.
- Chicken (thighs or breasts), Shrimp, Pork, Tofu
- Green Peppers, Red Peppers, Green Beans
- Asian Eggplant, Thai eggplant,
- Carrots, Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash
- Kale, Bok Choy, Swiss Chard, Spinach
- Bamboo Shoots, Baby Corn, Water Chestnuts
See, I told you it was flexible. Just about any vegetable will work, even those slightly past their prime veggies in your fridge will be just fine. Honestly, we all have those nights when that’s all you’ve got, and we can make it delicious!
To make dinner all you have to do is make the Green Curry Sauce, fry up your protein and vegetables, add the Green Curry sauce and simmer until everything is cooked through.
What to serve with Green Curry
- Steamed rice, Jasmine is my favourite
- Rice Noodles; thick ones work best
- Extra Steamed Veggies for a low carb/no carb option (Broccoli is great)
Want more great recipes?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
If you make this recipe or any on the Love on a Plate Blog we would love to hear what you think! Leave a comment, rate the recipe, post a photo on IG #loveonaplate
Thai Green Curry
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. green curry paste adjust to taste
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
To Make the sauce
- In a sauce pan over medium heat combine all ingredients, whisk well. Reduce heat and simmer over low for 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
To Make the meal
- In a separate pan, cook meat of your choice until nicely browned. Add vegetables and cook until just beginning to soften. Add meat and vegetable mixture to the curry sauce and simmer until tender, 5-10 minutes depending on the vegetable combination you have chosen.
Other Thai recipes:
If you’re looking for more great Thai Recipes, I’ve got a few more that I recommend. Check out my list of must make Thai recipes before you go.
Do you find yourself asking “What’s for Dinner”? We have the Answer! 30 Day Meal Planning Challenge which uses my unique Pick and Choose Meal Planning system. With the printable inspiration sheet, you aren’t committed to specific recipes. Instead you get prompts that help you stay inspired to keep Meal Planning.
Pick and Choose from categories, and use our recommended recipes along with your own.
Join our Love on a Plate Facebook community to make sure you never miss out on any of the new recipes. Watch our Quick Cook Videos, get Meal Planning Tips, and fabulous recipes you’re going to love. Prefer YouTube? We have a channel!