Homemade Pizza Sauce
I’m on a quick vacation to NYC, and thought what better place to write about Homemade Pizza Sauce than here? Pizza is a big deal in New York, you can find it on almost every street corner, and it’s GOOD! At our house, it’s a weekly event to have Homemade Pizza, and I’ve discovered over time that taking a few extra minutes to make some Homemade Pizza Sauce makes a big difference.
How to make homemade pizza sauce:
It’s actually super simple, just combine a few basic Italian ingredients and let the Pizza Sauce simmer while you prep the toppings and let the dough rise.
- Tomato Puree, use homemade if you have it
- Tomato Paste (so it’s not too thin)
- dried herbs; oregano and basil are my go to
- garlic and onion
- chili pepper flakes and cayenne (optional)
- 29 oz can tomato puree
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- ½ tsp pepper
- pinch cayenne to taste
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves or 1 tsp dried
- Saute onion in pan until translucent in color, add minced garlic and stir slightly before adding tomato pure and paste.
- Mix in spices and simmer for 20 minutes over low heat
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Recipes that use Homemade Pizza Sauce:
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel Be sure to subscribe to get access to some amazing exclusive content.
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca