Always on the look out for a new soup, this Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken soup is the result of my latest experiments in the kitchen.
Combining many ingredients that I enjoy; Sun Dried Tomatoes, Parmesan Cheese, Bell Peppers, Cream, it’s going to be rich and creamy with bursts of flavour.
I make things up as I go when I am cooking, modify existing popular recipes from my collection, and getting inspiration from what I see in magazines, TV and of course the internet. Foodyub and Pinterest are two of my favourite sites to draw from.
At my house, three of us love soup, one can take it or leave it, and one will only eat NON tomato broth based soups. Now this soup has a cream base but it’s not bland at all, getting a pop of flavour from the Sun Dried Tomatoes, Cumin, Chili Powder and of course garlic!
Instant Pot cooking has really changed dinner time for us because despite all the Meal Prepping I do, plans change and life happens. Knowing that I can rely on the Instant Pot to produce a delicious meal for us in very little time while still giving us a home cooked, full flavoured, dish is definitely a game changer. Furthermore, everything has more intense flavour in a much shorter time and of course, it’s the perfect method for getting super tender meat in a hurry.
Give my latest creation a try, and let me know what you think.
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken SoupPrint Rate
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes save oil for cooking
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream or use half and half
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Turn your Instant Pot on saute mode. Heat the 2 Tbsp oil from the Sun dried tomatoes over medium heat, add chopped onion and garlic and stir for a couple of minutes.
- 2. Add chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, oregano, cumin, paprika, chili powder, saute 2-3 minutes to bring out the flavours,then pour in the chicken stock, stir. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 12 minutes on high pressure. When the timer beeps, do a Quick Release of the pressure by turning the valve to open. Watch the steam!
- 3. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken. Cancel the pressure mode and set the instant pot to saute, stir in all the cheeses until they begin to melt, add in cream. Let simmer on low in the saute mode until heated through.