Sausage Apple Stuffing
Take your dressing (or stuffing) to the next level this holiday season with this Sausage Apple Stuffing. Just a few unique and delicious additions to traditional Sausage stuffing are all that’s needed. A little sweet and a little savoury and a LOT of flavour. Italian Sausage, apples, raisins and fresh herbs are perfectly balanced in this easy to prepare recipe. I recommend pinning it now, so you can find it later!
Honestly, this Sausage Apple Stuffing is so good and so easy, you can easily make it for a family dinner any time of the year. It’s great for a Sunday dinner with family.
Stuffing or Dressing?
This recipe can be either. Actually, the difference between the two is only how it’s cooked. Stuffing is cooked inside the turkey (or chicken, or goose, or any meat of choice) while dressing is the same recipe, but cooked in a casserole, baking dish, or BUNDT pan.
I make multiple kinds of dressing every holiday and a few years ago I started baking one in a bundt pan. It makes such a nice presentation!
How to make dressing in a bundt pan?
Nothing special required except a bundt pan and some cooking spray. Honest! I recommend a regular shaped bundt pan, nothing too detailed because it won’t hold it’s shape. I like Nordic Ware or Cuisine Art brand cake pans. Both brands provide even baking, and a good non stick coating.
I’ve included a few options in the recipe if you’re not sure which type to use.
How to make Apple Sausage Stuffing
This Sausage Apple Stuffing comes together in no time. You can make it a few days ahead if you prefer to cut down on the workload on the big day.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 lb. sausage, Italian
- 1 tsp salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 large golden delicious apple, peeled and cored
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 6 cup dried seasoned bread cubes
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add oil, onion and celery. Cook about 2 minutes until just softened
- Remove the sausage from the casing, and crumble into the pan. Use a fork to break up the sausage as it cooks.
- Once the sausage has cooked season with salt and pepper. Stir in the fresh herbs.
Add in the diced apples, raisins, bread cubes, and chicken stock. Mix to combine.
- Transfer the stuffing mixture to the baking dish. Drizzle the melted butter all over the top of the stuffing mixture.
- Cover the the baking dish with foil. Bake the covered baking dish at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Remove the foil and return to the oven for another 20 minutes. (Stuffing will be lightly toasted.)
Remove from the oven, stir with a fork, and garnish with fresh herbs just before serving.
You can prepare this Apple & Sausage Stuffing the day before and store covered in the fridge.
DO YOU FIND YOURSELF ASKING “WHAT’S FOR DINNER”?
We have the Answer! Our 30 Day Meal Planning Challenge introduces our Pick and Choose Meal Planning System. With this sheet and just a few minutes you can easily create your Weekly Meal Plan, avoid menu planning boredom and get inspired to try some new recipes. Get all the information on how to get started with my easy Meal Planning system and printable for free here.