Sheet Pan Ham and Eggs
I have to say this one is a a HUGE game changer for the breakfast time struggle; you can thank me later. Sheet Pan Ham and Eggs are an easy way to have a delicious healthy breakfast on a busy weekday without any actual cooking! True story, I promise.
A few simple steps and some basic breakfast ingredients is all it takes to get 12 easy healthy breakfasts made; all while you work on your weekly Meal Prep.
- Shredded cheese
- herb of choice
Five ingredients, 5 minutes of prep and 10 minutes of cook time and you’re done. Slice the cooked eggs into 12 equal portions and then either assemble into Breakfast Sandwiches or store in an air tight container and assemble the breakfast sandwich in the morning. Honestly there are pro’s and con’s to both, so I’ll let you decide.
Are Sheet Pan Eggs and Ham freezable?
You definitely can freeze these Sheet Pan eggs, in fact you have 2 options.
- Place the cooked and cooled ham and egg portions in a freezer safe container layering freezer paper in between each layer.
- Assemble the cooked Eggs & Ham into sandwiches, wrap each individually in freezer paper and then store in a Freezer Bag. Don’t forget to label them, especially if you’ve made some of them custom! Scroll down for my bread recommendations, along with some other great options to switch things up.
I personally prefer to not assemble and freeze these as sandwiches, but that’s because I like a toasty bun. My kids and husband are fine with a softer bread. Often I make a double triple batch as part of meal prepping.
- Keep one batch fresh in the fridge for the week; they last about 4 days.
- Assemble 12 sandwiches, wrap and freeze
- Place 12 portions in a freezer safe container
This way I can be totally flexible. You can cook these sandwiches from frozen in the microwave or oven 1-2 minutes. You can use the egg portions frozen or thaw them and store them in the fridge. It’s whatever works for you!
Make ahead breakfast sandwich variations:
For me, this is one of the best parts of these prepaheadable, freezer friendly, Breakfast sandwiches, they are totally easy to customize, so you won’t get bored of them.
- English Muffins
- Bagels; choose your favourite variety
- Frozen pancakes
- Frozen waffles
Meat add in options:
- Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Italian sausage, cooked & crumbled
- Mexican Chorizo, cooked & crumbled
- Deli turkey; chopped
- Deli ham, chopped
Vegetable add in options:
- Bell peppers, diced
- Onion, diced
- Zucchini, diced
- mushrooms, finely diced
- Cooked spinach, drained and chopped
- Sun dried tomatoes, diced
- Green onions, chopped
- Jalapeno, finely minced
Cheese add in options:
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Marble Cheese, shredded
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Monteray Jack, shredded
- 12 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup cream half and half
- 1 tsp dried chives
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup ham diced
- Crack eggs into a medium size mixing bowl
- Add in cream, chives, salt and pepper.
- Whisk well to combine and add some air to the mixture
- Add chopped ham and shredded cheese, mix well to combine
- Spray a 9"x13" sheet pan with cooking spray. Pour in egg mixture.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until fluffy and fully cooked.
- Remove from heat, let sit 4-5 minutes to cool before cutting into 12 squares
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca