Tex Mex Eggs in a Mug; the perfect breakfast solution
Who has time for breakfast? Not me! I know that I should, but somehow no matter how much Meal Prepping I do, I just don’t get to it. This recipe for Tex Mex Eggs are the solution!
Don’t worry, you don’t need to get up extra early to make these delicious Tex Mex Eggs, honest. Cooked in a mug and ready in just 2 minutes in the microwave this recipe is a game changer.
Now you and your family will have a delicious healthy breakfast and still make it to work on time.
First, choose your favourite mix in options, make a batch and store in a jar in the refrigerator.
To use your Egg in a Mug mixture, give the jar a good shake, grease your mug, and microwave. That’s it, breakfast is served and you only have one dish to wash.
There are many options to choose from, however I have narrowed it down to the one that is the most popular at our house. You can also check out this post which has ten other possible options that you need to try.
If you want more great recipes join our Facebook Group; Love on a Plate and don’t forget to pin this one for later.
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/8 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup tomato seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup Chorizo cooked and crumbled, optional
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together egg and milk until well combined. Add in cheese, diced bell pepper, tomatoes and Chorizo if you are using it. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a microwave safe mug with cooking spray, pour egg mixture into mug filling it about 1/2 way. Don't overfill or they can overflow and make a big mess as you cook them.
- Cook 1 minute, remove from microwave, stir and cook another minute or until done to your taste. Don't worry if they are a little wet when you take them out of the microwave, they will continue to set as they cool. Let site one minute to cool off, these are hot! Top with Salsa and additional cheese if you wish, or wrap them in a warmed flour tortilla for a 2 minute breakfast burrito.
- cooked crumbled bacon
- diced ham
- cooked breakfast sausage
- fresh spinach chopped
- red onion, finely chopped
- mushrooms, finely chopped