Tomato Pesto Chicken Bake
Fresh and light, bursting with flavour, and so easy to prepare, this delicious Tomato Pesto Chicken is a recipe you will go back to again and again. Elegant enough for company and kid friendly, this dish makes an excellent addition to your meal prep collection.
Chicken tenders, pesto, slices of fresh Mozzarella, Roma tomatoes, and garlic this dish is especially good in the summer months when you can get the freshest of ingredients. Happily here are some very good store bought pesto’s available in the stores these days, so you can make it year round.
In the late summer when Basil is abundant and inexpensive, I make a large batch and freeze it in serving size portions for use all year long. This is the Pesto recipe that I use, and highly recommend. Made in the food processor, it comes together quite quickly, and the full flavour of Parmigiano Regiano, garlic and Pinenuts is perfectly balanced.
Meal Prep friendly:
Often when it comes to meal prep soups, casseroles and one pot dishes come to mind. This Pesto Tomato Chicken Bake is a nice change, and holds well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Prepare the dish according to the recipe direction, cover your baking dish and it’s ready to go. Under 10 minutes of meal prep! Add a side dish of your choice and a salad and dinner is done. The cook time is so fast with all the prep work done, it’s an amazing dish for entertaining. Looks good, tastes amazing and can be made ahead; what more could you ask for?
Good side dish options:
Now before you go, if you are looking for the Best Ever Caesar Salad to make, I have THE recipe. Truly, you will never buy store bought again and everyone will want the recipe. Watch the video to see how easy it is! Don’t forget to subscribe so you can stay up to date on all my new cooking and meal prep tutorials.
Tomato Pesto ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 3.5 oz. prepared basil pesto
- 3 large Roma tomatoes sliced
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 T. Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 c. mixed salad greens
- Salad dressing of choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a baking dish with olive oil and place chicken tenders in dish.
- Evenly spread basil pesto over each chicken tender and place tomato slices. Season salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place slices of mozzarella on top of tomatoes and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving with a crisp green side salad and your favorite dressing. Enjoy!
Want more great recipes?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca