Cauliflower Salad; with all the flavors of deviled eggs!
Yes, you read that right! This Cauliflower Salad is my low carb version of potato salad, and yes, it tastes like deviled eggs. I had to find a way to get my kids and husband to try it and this did the trick. They LOVE deviled eggs!! This is like Potato Salad and Egg Salad had a low carb baby.
Whether you are looking for a new summer side dish, trying to lower your carb in-take, just love cauliflower or want to try something different, THIS is a must try. Honest. Pin it now for later!
What goes in Cauliflower Salad?
- Fresh Cauliflower
- green onions
- dijon mustard
- sweet relish (just trust me)
- hard boiled eggs
- salt and pepper
Cauliflower Summer Salad
- 1 head fresh cauliflower cut into bite size pieces
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onion green parts only, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 6 whole eggs hard boiled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp sweet relish
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika more for sprinkling
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and cut fresh cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Place in a pot of boiling water. Turn off heat. Blanch for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and place in an ice bath to stop further cooking, drain again.
- While cauliflower is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a medium mixing bowl combine Egg YOLKS, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, relish, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine chopped celery, red onion, green onion, and cooked cauliflower. Pour dressing over top and mix well to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning. If salad is too dry add up to an additional 1/4 cup of mayo. The sauce will thin as it sits.
- Place prepared Cauliflower salad in the fridge to completely cool, and allow flavours to meld, at least 20 minutes. Top with crispy cooked bacon before serving if desired.
Do you find yourself asking “What’s for Dinner”? We have the Answer! 30 Day Meal Planning Challenge which uses my unique Pick and Choose Meal Planning system. With the printable inspiration sheet, you aren’t committed to specific recipes. Instead you get prompts that help you stay inspired to keep Meal Planning.
Pick and Choose from categories, and use our recommended recipes along with your own.
Join our Love on a Plate Facebook community to make sure you never miss out on any of the new recipes. Watch our Quick Cook Videos, get Meal Planning Tips, and fabulous recipes you’re going to love. Prefer YouTube? We have a channel!