Frozen Inspired sugar cookies perfect for any Disney Frozen themed party and beautiful on any holiday cookie platter. The blue, white and silver sprinkles add an elegant and unexpected elegance without too much work.
Elsa would love these easy to make Blue Sparkle cookies. A simple and delicious butter sugar cookie is embellished with Wilton’s shimmery Winter Sprinkles and handmade snowflake centers made from royal icing. These Frozen Inspired sugar cookies are a show stopper.
This site uses affiliate links where applicable. If you make a purchase by clicking on one of my links I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. This supports our recipe and content development and we thank you for your support of Love on a Plate.
For more incredible Holiday Cookies and so much more, join us on our Facebook Community Group.
- Icing ingredients
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with number 2 tip
- 1 cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Cookie ingredients
- 1/2 C plus 2 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 containers of winter holiday sprinkles
Royal Icing Directions:
- Using the standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla and powder sugar and mix until combined and stiff peaks form
- Using the piping bag, pipe out 24 thick snowflakes
- Allow to dry overnight
- Place left over icing into the fridge to use for the center of the cookies
Cookie Directions :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Mix in the egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined
- Scoop dough out and roll into a tablespoon size ball
- Pour the sprinkles into a small bowl
- Roll dough ball into sprinkles and place onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat steps for about 11 more cookies. Bake 12 cookies at a time
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- Using the back of a tablespoon make an indent into the cookies
- Allow cookies to cool completely before moving onto a wire rack
- Finish baking remaining dough
- Once cookies are baked and cooled, pipe icing into the center of the cookie
- Allow icing to harden for 30 minutes
- Carefully remove snowflake from parchment paper and pipe a small dollop onto the back of the snowflake
- Carefully place snowflake into the center of the icing
- Allow to dry for 15 minutes before enjoying!