I’ve always wanted to make ice cream, but getting an ice cream maker seemed like just one more kitchen gadget that I might use once or twice and then just gather dust in my cupboard…. a bit like my bread maker. Instead I wanted to try making Ice Cream the NO CHURN way… This simple recipes with just 5 ingredients let’s me do that and is super flexible. This one uses Pineapple and Mango, which my kids love, but now that the peaches are in season I think a Peach Mango combo would be excellent also. I always try to shop local and use fresh in any of my recipes, but frozen fruit works here too.
No Churn Tropical Ice Cream
- 1 14- oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped mangoes fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Gently Stir in fruit.
- Whipped Cream and Fruit
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and fold in until smooth.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Next, pour ice cream into a freezer safe container.
- Ready to freeze
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes.
Results? This super smooth and creamy No Churn Tropical Ice Cream. My kids all love Mango, and having some fruit in the rich dessert makes me feel like it has some “healthy” elements to it.
You can adjust the fruit to your families favourites, sub in frozen fruit, or use what’s fresh at the farmers market. Fresh seasonal fruit is always the most flavourful and I like buying local when I can.