25 Awesome Lunch Ideas for the New School Year
Back to school means back to packing school lunches. It’s not always a mom’s favorite chore, and two weeks into the school year kids get tired of eating the same PB&J and tuna salad sandwiches. I know I did!
This year, I wanted to round up a comprehensive list full of awesome back to school lunch ideas for the new school year – no peanut butter and jelly allowed! It’s time to break up the monotony of boring school lunches and fill those lunch boxes and thermoses full of fun and delicious back to school lunch ideas.
This list is packed with fun options that almost any kid (or their mom) would approve. From cheeseburger roll ups to strawberry soup (really!) there is a little something for everyone. There are even a few ideas below that you might want to steal for your own lunch at work! I won’t tell if you choose breakfast for lunch. Enjoy your Lucky Charms. 😉
Homemade Pizza Pockets
Best Ever Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap
Healthy Zucchini Slice Recipe
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS.
Savoury Ham Carrot & Cheese Muffins Recipe
Roasted Beetroot Hummus with Pita Chips • Happy Kitchen
Pita Pockets with Roasted Veggies and Hummus • Happy Kitchen
Shredded Zucchini Tots
Turkey and avocado roll ups with pesto
Muffin Tin Sushi Cups (Vegan + GF)
The Perfect Lunchbox Surprise: Unicorn Sandwiches – Stepmomming Blog
Homemade Gluten-Free Vegan Copycat Pizza Bagel Bites (Allergy-Free)
Cheddar Bacon Biscuits – Gluten, Dairy, Egg Free, Paleo and Keto
Ham and Cheese Pinwheels - A Kid-Pleasing Lunch!
School Lunch Ideas for Kids: Pack Breakfast Cereal for Lunch!
Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich
Cheesy Pizza Crescent Rollups (The Easy-Peasy After School Snack for Kids)
Corn Dog Muffins
Air Fryer Kale Chips
5-Minute Italian Tuna Salad
Olaf Cheese Sticks Frozen Themed Snack
Whether you’re opting for something healthy, or splurging on your child’s favorite fun cereal for lunch, you can keep things exciting. You might even get back an empty lunch box! And that almost never happens.
Here’s the complete list
- Cheeseburger Rollups – Dancing Through the Rain
- Homemade Pizza Pockets – Dancing Through the Rain
- Best Ever Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap
- Healthy Zucchini Slice – Cook It Real Good
- Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls – Gathering Beauty
- Savoury Ham, Carrot & Cheese Muffins – Simplify Create Inspire
- Roasted Beetroot Hummus with Pita Chips – Happy Kitchen
- Pita Pockets with Roasted Veggies and Hummus – Happy Kitchen
- Zucchini Tots – Brooklyn Farm Girl
- Turkey, Pesto and Avocado Roll Ups – Honey and Lime
- Muffin Tin Sushi Cups – Rhian’s Recipes
- Unicorn Sandwiches – Stepmomming Blog
- Pizza Bagel Bites – Strength and Sunshine
- Homemade Gluten Free Pizza Lunchables – Strength and Sunshine
- Cheddar Bacon Biscuits – Pink Fortitude
- Ham & Cheese Pinwheels – Ruffles and Rain Boots
- Breakfast for Lunch – Honey and Lime
- Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich – Veggie Desserts
- Cheesy Pizza Crescent Roll Ups – For Modern Kids
- Corn Dog Muffins – The Anthony Kitchen
- Tortilla Pinwheel Lollipops – Home Cooking Memories
- Air Fryer Kale Chips – Recipe This
- Strawberry Soup – Savoring the Good
- 5 Minute Italian Tuna Salad – Meaningful Eats
- Olaf Cheese Sticks – Mission to Save
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca