Cheesy Air Fryer Sausage Balls
I cannot wait to share this recipe with you! Sausage Balls, yes, I know this is not a new recipe, but I’ve got some unique additions and a new cooking method that really take these up a level. Air Fryer Sausage Balls are ready in just 6 minutes! Yes, SIX minutes!! You are just 15 minutes away from these Cheesy, Crispy, Savory irresistible treats.
I love recipes like this! If you don’t have an Air Fryer, don’t panic! You can bake these in the oven, they just take a bit longer. About 20-25 minute in the oven gets you the same amazing results.
- Grab & Go Breakfast
- Brunch Side dish
- After School Snacks
You can also make small changes depending on when you’re serving them. Use a breakfast sausage for Breakfast and Brunch and switch it up to an Mild or Hot Italian for a party appetizer. Add a drizzle of maple syrup for a sweet touch, and diced jalapeno or red pepper flakes for a bit of a kick. There are truly so many options you can add to the base recipe, which by the way is amazing just as is. No matter how many I make, there are NEVER leftovers of these.
Can you make Cheesy Sausage Balls ahead of time?
Yes, you absolutely can, in fact there are a few options here depending on what works best for you.
- Prepare sausage mixture and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Bake or Air Fry when needed
- Prepare mixture, shape into balls and flash freeze. Store in airtight container. Defrost and bake.
- Prepare mixture, cook and store in fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat and serve
How to serve Cheesy Sausage Balls?
These are good hot out of the oven or at room temperature. My kids have been known to eat them cold, but I don’t recommend it honestly. I do like to sometime kick these up with a great dipping sauce.
- Honey Mustard Dip
- Cinnamon Syrup
- Cranberry Red Pepper Jelly Sauce
Now let’s get to the recipe shall we? It’s so simple, I mean really simple. You’re welcome!
- 1 lb ground sausage, your choice uncooked
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened & cubed
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add in of choice:
- Traditional Holiday
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel
- Maple Flavored
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, real only
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Sweet & Tangy
- 1/4 cup red pepper jelly
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Holiday Berry
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. You can use a Hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Place on air fryer tray or in basket depending on your model.
- Cook on air fry for 5-6 minutes until browned and cooked all the way through.
- If baking frozen, cook at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
Meal Planning Freebies