Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Bake
Cheesy, Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Bake, oh my this is a good one! It’s easy to make, it’s delicious, it’s meal prep friendly and everyone loves it. If you want leftovers, make a double batch!
How do you make a good vegetable bake?
There are so many options to create good vegetable bakes, but the most important for me is to not overcook the vegetables and make sure it has a lot of flavor. I also am a sucker for cheesy creamy goodness, and so is my family. I have fond memories of Cauliflower & Broccoli with Cheese Sauce, ooooh, what a treat it was. To this day, I love a good cheese sauce.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables
- Add enough seasoning
- Balance of textures; something creamy and something crunchy
This recipe for Cheesy Cauliflower Broccoli also happens to be Gluten Free, Low Carb and Keto friendly. It wasn’t on purpose, but it’s an awesome bonus if you ask me.
Cheesy Cauliflower Broccoli Bake
- 2 (12 ouncbags frozen cauliflower and broccoli mix
- 2 to 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion diced
- ⅔ cups sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black powder
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Green onion sliced as garnish
- Prepare a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large, heavy skillet, cook bacon until done. Remove bacon to paper toweling.
- Add onion to bacon grease and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent. Drain onions on paper toweling.
- Cook cauliflower/broccoli mix according to package directions. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and black powder.
- Toss cream cheese mixture with vegetables. Spread in baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Chop cooked bacon and sprinkle over top with sliced green onion.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca