Homemade Thin Crust Pizza
Making pizza at home has so many advantages, but I’ve always been intimidated by crust. I can’t be the only one? For the longest time I used the pre-made store bought crusts, and they were fine, but not great. I love a homemade thin crust pizza, with lots and lots of cheese and now I have the perfect recipe to share. I’ve also got an amazing home made pizza sauce if you want to go all out and do everything from scratch. I find the ones from the store a little too sweet, and sometimes a bit “tinny”. While the Home Made Thin Crust Pizza dough is rising, you can make the sauce and cut the toppings. It’s not the FASTEST dinner you’ll ever make, but you may never order in again!
Why make Homemade Thin Crust Pizza?
Is it really worth the effort? It is. It just is. It takes a little longer than the store bought crust, but honestly, there is no comparison. Now, my kids aren’t fussy about the crust, but they all like different toppings. So for us, making them at home is a much better options. You can easily make individual sized pizza’s and let everyone dress their own. Cooking for a crowd? No problem, this recipe for Homemade Thin Crust Pizza works really well on a Sheet Pan. Just dressingm bake and cut into easy to grab squares. Oh, and did I mention? it’s cheaper, a LOT cheaper.
- Tastes better
- Customizable Size
- Personakized toppings
- Thin Crust Dough
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup warm water 120° - 130°
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Optional Toppings:
- • 16 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
- • 16 oz shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- • Parmesan cheese
- • Mushrooms
- • Pepperoni
- • Yellow bell pepper
- • Green olives
- • Jalepeno, seeded and finely chopped
- Prep dough first because it needs to set and rise until doubled, approximately 1 hour.
- Combine sugar and yeast to warm water, stir, and let proof.
- Mix salt into flour in a mixer bowl. Add olive oil and proofed yeast mixture.
- Knead with dough hook or by hand for 3-5 minutes.
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover with a moist towel for 1 hour or until dough has doubled.
- Prep sauce: Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Prep pizza dough by dividing and forming into shapes with your hands and by placing on the baking sheet and pressing and moving the dough toward the edges.
- For family size divide the dough in half, for personal size pizzas, divide the dough into 8 portions.
- Turn oven to 425° and bake pizza dough for 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza dough from oven, add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca